I want information on...
"To provide, protect, and enhance the present and future economic well-being of members, pensioners and beneficiaries through efficient and effective management of benefit programs, investment practices and customer service, and to commit to earning and keeping the respect and trust of the participants through quality service and by protecting retirement benefits, in compliance with applicable laws and standards."
Illinois statutes provide for a Board of Trustees to be responsible for the administration of the Fund. The Board of Trustees appoints the Executive Director to operate the Fund. The Board of Trustees and the Executive Director hire and monitor independent advisors to facilitate the operations of the Fund. These advisors work with Fund management and staff to assist in achieving objectives and goals of the Fund. Advisors include investment managers, investment consultants, a master custodian, a Fund actuary, independent certified public accountants, a Fund attorney, and other operational consultants.
General goals put in place to help achieve this mission include:
- to achieve customer service excellence
- to preserve fiscal integrity and financial stability
- to conduct all phases of operation under the highest standards of ethics and morality
- to improve the quality of fund personnel by employing the most careful method of selection, training, and promotion
- to regularly inform our members, pensioners, and beneficiaries regarding our plans and progress towards our overall mission.