Established by the Illinois state legislature in 1895 as The Public School Teachers' Pension and Retirement Fund of Chicago, CTPF is the administrator of a defined benefit public employee retirement system providing retirement, survivor, and disability benefits for certain certified teachers and employees of the Chicago Public Schools. CTPF is administered in accordance with Illinois Compiled Statutes (ILCS) Chapter 40, Articles 1,17,20. CTPF is governed by a 12-member Board of Trustees; six are elected by the teacher contributors, three are elected by the annuitants, one is elected by the principal contributors, and two are appointed by the employer, Board of Education.
What do you want to do today?
I want to learn more about...
- Current News
- Receiving CTPF news updates via e-mail
- Current RFPs
- Current CTPF newsletters
- CTPF Information Sheets
- Upcoming trustee meetings
- The founding of the pension fund
- Illinois laws that regulate CTPF
- The financial health of CTPF
- Other Illinois pension systems and reciprocity
- Directions to CTPF's downtown office
- Available positions at CTPF
- How to contact the fund
- Public Record Requests
- Request Information or Records Pursuant to the State of Illinois Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
- Investment Policies and Reporting