Statement of Candidacy
I am respectfully requesting your support for my candidacy as a Trustee of the Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund (CTPF). The important Mission of the CTPF is to “provide, protect and enhance the present and future economic well-being of members, pensioners and beneficiaries…” That Mission is vital to all of us.
During my years as a CPS teacher, I represented my colleagues as an active CTU delegate, served as a member of our CTU contractual bargaining team and worked closely with legislators as Chair of the Legislative and Political Action Committee of our Union. These roles gave me the opportunity to stand with, and fight for, our members and our community in addressing contractual and legislative issues, maintaining quality education for our students, and protecting both good working conditions and economic security for our members.
You have my pledge that if elected as a Trustee, I will bring that same commitment, determination and energy to maintaining and promoting the fundamentally essential CTPF responsibility to protect the economic security and well-being of our CTPF members and their families.
Perhaps most importantly, I pledge to serve you with the highest sense of integrity, ethical standards and commitment to financial competency in the oversight of your investments. Our future security is in the balance.
University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois
- Graham School Basic Program of Liberal Education
- Program Completion Awarded
St. Xavier University, Chicago, Illinois
- Bachelor of Science Degree
- Major: Education
Chicago Public Schools
- Elementary School Classroom Teacher (20 years)
- Currently a Retired CPS Substitute Teacher
- Local School Council Teacher Representative
- Elected School Delegate to CTU House of Delegates
- CTU, Chair of Legislative Committee
- Bargaining Team 2007, 2012
- Illinois Federation of Teachers, Chair of Region E Political Action Committee
- American Fed. Teachers and Illinois Fed. Teachers, Convention Delegate
- AFL-CIO Delegate
- Elected CTU Retiree Delegate
- Retired Teachers Association of Chicago RTAC
- Beverly Area Planning Association Education Committee
- Mother McAuley High School Alumnae Association
- St. Barnabas Parish Community
Disclaimer: CTPF is not responsible for the content of this material and has not verified any of the information.