Inactive Members

You are considered an Inactive Member if you have left employment with CPS or a Charter school, and still have funds with the Chicago Teachers Pension Fund (CTPF). Your member status is shown on the upper right hand corner of your annual Member Statement. To obtain your annual Member Statement, please visit the myCTPF portal at

For information about member benefits, pensions, member statements, and more, please see the resources available in the Active Members section.

Depending on your eligibility, you may be able apply for a pension benefit or a refund of contributions, now or at a later date. For detailed information about retirement benefits and eligibility requirements, download the Your CTPF Pension information sheet.

If you would like to take a refund of contributions, you will need to submit Forms 804-840: Refund application. Download the Refund of Contributions information sheet to learn more.